Canon has just updated their Driver for Canon 3000 on the official Website, but the old Patch is still available for Canon 2900 to run on the latest macOS version, Catalina 10.15. You have just updated your Mac, but the Cannon driver 2900 did not work on your Mac. Here is a guide to installing the drive on your computer running macOS Mojave/ Catalina. All you need is to read on this post and do not skip any steps to successfully install it without any errors.
Canon 2900 is the most popular black and white laser printer. But since Cannon stopped the update for this driver, so installing it is a little difficult. Here is how to install the Canon LBP 2900 driver on macos Mojave 10.14, update for MacoS Catalina 10.15 .
Steps to Install Canon LBP 2900 Driver on macOS Mojave, Catalina
Before getting started, you should first disable SIP on your Mac first since you are going to install software outside Mac App Store. Follow this post to disable SIP on your computer.
Step 1: Download Canon Driver 2900
Download the following driver if you are using Mojave 10.4 version: mac-capt-v1000-uken
or download this version if you are using Catalina 10.15 : mac-capt-v1001-uken
Once you downloaded the driver, double click on it to mount the file and then head to MacOSX folder and tun the Canon_CAPT_Installer.pkg to install it normally like any other software.
Now, continue to download the following file: Canon 2900 Mojave Patcher and then extract it.
Step 2: Extract the driver
- Click on Finder and press Command + Shift + G to open the Go to the folder dialog box. Then paste the following link into the Go to the folder window and hit Enter:
- Copy the 2 files downloaded in step 2 into the newly opened folder, if asked to overwrite, select overwrite, ask for the password, then enter the login password of the device.
- Copy two downloaded files from the zip file in step 1 into a new opened folder. If you are asked to overwrite, click on Overwrite. When asked for the password, then enter the login password of your Mac
- Open Finder again, then repeat pressing Command + Shift + G and then paste the following line:
- Copy two files into the cnaccm folder that is being opened and select Overwrite. If it requires password, enter the password of your Mac.
Note: Now, restart your Mac (remember to restart the computer to avoid errors when giving the command but the paper does not run out)
Step 3: Add the Printer Driver
- Open the Cannon printer, connect the cable into USB port and then follow these steps
- Click on System Preferences > Printer & Scanners
- In the Printer & Scanners window, click on the + icon
- Choose the Canon 2900, in the Use section, set Select Software as the main option
- In this step, remember to select Canon 3000 rather than Canon 2900 since the two Patch files above have replaced Canon 3000 Driver with Canon 2900.
- After clicking on Add, your Mac will notify Add successfully. Come here and try it out. When printing, you need to choose Canon 3000 printer, not canon 2900 driver.
That’s how to install Canon LBP 2900 driver on Mac computers. Read all the steps carefully and you will be successful. Do you have any trouble? Let’s know in the comment below.