I know many of you are using TeamViewer software on your Mac computer for file transferring or remote control other devices. However, due to some unknown reasons, your TeamViewer account is listed as Commercial purpose, so you will be limited to 5 minutes only for each time of use. If you are encountering this trouble when using TeamViewer on your Mac, you will feel annoyed since every 5 minutes, you have to restart TeamViewer. So to help you get rid of this trouble, then this post today will show you a solution to change ID on TeamViewer and you will no longer be locked after every 5 minutes.
This method is applied for all devices running MacOS such as MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Macbook,…. All you need is to follow these steps below.
How to Fix 5 Minutes Limit In TeamViewer
- First, you need to download Python file from Github from the link below:
- Force close TeamViewer software on your Mac
- Go to the downloaded Python folder and open Terminal inside it
- Enter the following command:
- Enter your device passcode (even when it does not appear, you still type in your Mac passcode). Then hit Enter key
- Wait for the “ID changed successfully” showing up on the screen. Once done, restart your Mac
That’s all! You have completely removed 5-minutes limit when using TeamViewer on your Mac. If you feel this post useful, share it to your friend who are facing the same trouble.