Since Parallel released Parallels Desktop 14.1.1-45xxx updates for Mac computers, many MacOS Mojave users had trouble with installing this update on their device. After clicking on the Parallels.dmg file, there is not any installation continuing after that. So, if your Mac is running MacOS Mojave and you are facing the same issue when installing Parallels Desktop application, then this post can be helpful for you. Read on this post to know what to do.
Solution to Fix Parallel Desktop 14 Errors on Mac
- First, you need to download the latest version of Parallels Desktop app. At the time if this post, it’s Parallels_Desktop 14.1.1-45476 version. You can download it from the link below:
- Next, you need to unhide the hidden file on your Mac. To unhide hidden files on Mac, open Terminal and then enter the following command:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
After that, copy the code below and paste in Finder to reset Finder
- Open the download file, and then drag the hidden file, named Parallels Desktop into the Application folder
- Now, open Terminal in System Preferences on your Mac, and enter the following commands continuously:
chflags nohidden /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app xattr -cr /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app codesign --sign - --force --deep /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
If you see an error relating to Xcode in the command line, continue to run the following command:
- Now, return Application folder and run the Parallels Desktop file and the installation window will appear as normal.
That’s how you can fix the error when installing Parallels Desktop application on your MacOS Mojave. If you feel this post useful, let’s know in the comment below and share it with other people who are in the same trouble.
Subscribe howtomacOS.com to get notifications about more helpful articles.